Thursday 26 May 2011

The main room ran along very much similar lines to the bedroom paint wise except this time I gave the whole floor a coat of varnish to make it look slightly newer. also before painting on my base coat I laid out the carpet I had aquired for the room postioned it where it would go and marked this area off with masking tape to save myself time and paint.
The carpet I have for this room is old and worn and very much matches the wallpaper in colour. I have purchesed a lampshade lining to use as edging for the carpet all of which I will simply tack into the mdf floor.


This picture demonstrates my final flooring in the main living room area with the worn carpet laying across the old looking floorboards. I am quite pleased with the end effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment