Thursday 26 May 2011

My final job on the set was to add a bit of distress to the flooring in Gregor's room. As I have mentioned before I had hope to put debris on the floor along with ripped up floorboards, however time was a factor and I simply ran out of time to do an effective job and therefore concerntrated on making what I had got look good.

I first of all scratched veiny marks into the floor much like my design sheet, I'm not sure if my intended effect works as I wanted it to as I was trying to acheive the look of the room almost seeming to grow veins as a reflection of Gregor's metamorphosis the room was to be transforming as well. Then I startedadding large quantities of mud everywhere that added the natural distressed chernobyl look I had been originally after the effect was simple but incredibly effective.



Overall I am pleased with the work I have done on this project, though I do wish I had managed my time better to include effects that I think would have really added to the atmosphere of the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment